Home Alcohol Detox
Private Consultant Addiction Psychiatrist:
A home alcohol detox allows you to stop drinking without experiencing dangerous alcohol withdrawals.
Home alcohol detox is a safe, convenient and comfortable way of stopping drinking. It is suitable for most people.
Detox medication is prescribed to be taken 4 times per day. THis will prevent unpleasant withdrawal symptoms. The dose taken a betime will ensure sleep.
The detox is monitored daily by me and my nurse/therapist Gail
Home alcohol detox will involve the following:
- There will be an initial comprehensive assessment which usually lasts for about 1hour
- Home alcohol detox suitability will be assessed- for the duration of the detox you will need to have an adult staying with you to supervise the medication
- You can still be considered for a home alcohol detox if you have history of 'fits' or alcohol withdrawal seizures
- You will also receive a phone call from Gail to plan the detox
- The detox meds are typically prescribed for 7-10 days
- I usually prescribe Diazepam (wich is 2.5x stronger than Librium/Chlordiazepoxide)
- The dose will be adjusted during the detox so that you do not have withdrawal symptoms and you are able to sleep
- Daily monitoring
- Post home alcohol detox follow up
Home Alcohol Detox Warwick
Home Alcohol Detox Leamington Spa
Home Alcohol Detox Coventry
Home Alcohol Detox Warwickshire
Home Alcohol Detox Northamptonshire
Home Alcohol Detox Oxfordshire
Home Alcohol Detox Cotswolds